I would highly recommend PUR Plumbing. Doug and his crew are top notch. Our toilet backed up right before company was coming for a family reunion and PUR Plumbing had us fixed up in less than an hour!
Rating: 5 out of 5.
– Danny Solano – Trinity, Florida
Your Clogged Drains Master Plumber 727-475-1474 and 813-579-1920
Your Plumber for Clogged Drains
Palm Harbor Clogged Drain Repair Services
Tips for Clogged Drains – When to Call a Plumber
Clogged drains are a problem that almost everyone experiences at some time. Those without plumbing experience may not understand the mechanics of clogged drains and/or drain cleaning and how to remedy the problem. Anything that happens below the drain on the sink for many is a deep dark mystery.
Clogged Drain Culprit
How simple a drain is to unclog depends on what caused it to become clogged in the first place, and that is not easy to determine since the “clog culprit” lies in the mysterious area below the drain. Home remedies for clogged drains and drain cleaning may work just fine if your drain clog cause is a relatively simple one.
Keep in mind, though, if a home remedy does not work for drain cleaning, the problem can be more complicated and require the assistance of a licensed Tampa plumbing contractor.
When to Call a Plumber for Drain Cleaning
Attempting “do-it-yourself plumbing” of a more in depth nature can often do more harm than good. This can end up costing more in repairs than just calling a Tampa plumber in the first place when the home remedies don’t work for clogged drains and drain cleaning.
Clogged Drain and Drain Cleaning Home Remedies
Here are a few of the most common home remedies for clogged drains you’ll find by doing a search on the internet:
1. The age-old standby of Liquid Plumber™ or Drano™ may work if whatever is stopping up the drain, such as soap scum, hair, or “gunk” buildup, is soluble by the chemical solution these products contain. Not everyone keeps these products in their arsenal of household cleaning products, though, so read on for other home remedies to try for drain cleaning.
2. Pour Dawn™ dish detergent down the drain and follow up with hot water. This might grease the pipes enough to make the gunk slide on down the line.
3. Dump a half cup of salt in the drain and use hot water to flush it down. The hot water helps the salt dissolve faster and possibly loosens the material in clogged drains.
4. Pour a cup of yogurt down the drain and leave it for several hours, then flush water down the drain.
5. The bathroom sink is a common area for hair to produce clogged drains that require drain cleaning. One creative idea is to pour Nair™ (you know the stuff that dissolves leg hair) down the clogged drain and just let it do its thing. This will supposedly “eat up” the hair and send it on its way through the city of Tampa, Florida water system.
6. Slow draining water may be helped by a combination of half a box of baking soda and a cup of vinegar. This produces an unfavorable aroma and will cause some foaming, but clogged drains may be relieved by this chemical reaction. Flush out your clogged drains with hot water after the foaming stops.
If none of these home remedy methods work to relieve your clogged drains, you will need to call a Tampa plumber to address whatever it is causing your water problem.
Every Home Needs One – A Plunger for Clogged Drains
One of the most often tried solutions for clogged drains and drain cleaning involves the famous plumber’s tool, “the plunger.” There are no harmful chemicals involved and it works some of the time, depending on the source of the clog. You can find this handy drain cleaning tool in your local discount or hardware store. It is a good item to keep around the house for emergencies.
The science behind the plunger is very simple; some water sits on top of the cause of the clogged drain and the rubber head of the plunger seals off the area just above the drain. A very hard and rapid push down on the plunger compresses the air and causes the water to push the gunk further down the drain. This is sometimes enough to accomplish drain cleaning and get the gunk moving on its way.
Drain Cleaning – When the Plunger Isn’t Enough
When a plunger doesn’t work for clogged drains and drain cleaning, it usually involves more advanced plumbing experience and techniques, and that is when to call a Tampa master plumbing contractor.
Anytime your home remedies for clogged drains or drain cleaning don’t work in Tampa, call your friends at PUR Plumbing for professional, prompt, and friendly service. Technicians are on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, even on holidays.
Whether you’re at home or at the office, PUR Plumbing is the one call you need to make. A qualified, insured, bonded and licensed Tampa, Florida plumber will inspect the problem and give a quote on the spot for approval before any work is done on your clogged drains.
Your plumber for clogged drains.
727-475-1474 and 813-579-1920